Monday 12 December 2011

WINE SNOBS

So last night Amelie hosted a dinner party. It was a lovely event with lots of new and interesting people. The other day I caught the movie SIDEWAYS, I suggest you all go to the theatre and see it, a real treat. In any case, the whole movie is about two men traveling through the Napa wine country for a week. And let me tell you, I want to be a wine snob. Not a real snob, just one of those people that stick their whole heads in to glasses and inhale.
Last night the 10 of us actually got into a conversation about Reisling and Port, it was exhillarating.

By 11:15 I was making comments like...
"Please, thats enough port...its a sipping wine you know"
and
"I do smell a whiff of Apricot in this Reisling...my palette is getting very sensitive to citrus"

not truly yet a bona-fide wine snob, just a barely broke woman pretending to be a wine snob.

I knew I had finnaly had enough when in honor of ODB I put on 36 Chambers and during the song "Cream" shouted out,

"RAT-A-TAT-TAT-GOES MY GAT!, WHERE'S THAT MERLOT GONE TO?"

No comments:

Post a Comment